Semenova Elena Fedorovna, Candidate of biological sciences, professor, sub-department of general and clinical pharmacology, senior staff scientist, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mezhennaуa Natalia Aleksandrovna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Presnyakova Elena Viktorovna, Сandidate of biological sciences, аssociate professor, sub-department of medical information systems and technologies, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Due to the increasing demand for high-quality essential rose oil there is a need to improve the diagnosis of the essential raw oil material and to intensify technological processes. The authors studied in detail the anatomy of the petals of various types and forms of roses in order to identify the particular conditions of secretory structures.
Materials and methods. The objects of the anatomical and morphological study of petals were 10 species and 11 hybrids of the essential rose. The study of the microslides were performed using a light microscope MIKMED-1, the content of the essential oil was determined according to the method proposed in GF XI.
Results. The highest mass fraction of the essential oil was featured by the following samples: Michurinka, hybrid 7806, Kazanlykskaya, yellow rose, Raduga, Festivalnaya. The essential oil content in the raw material had a tendency to increase for the kinds and forms of pink and yellow petals, as compared with the red and white. Diploid and tetraploid samples were characterized by higher rates of essential oil, compared with triploids and pentaploids.
Conclusions. The study allowed to establish the localization of essential oil, to identify the relationship between the content of essential oil, colouring of petals and a number of chromosomes, and also showed that the nature of location of the secretory structures, their size and the amount depend on the species and forms.
1. Nazarenko L. G., Min'kov B. P. et al. Kul'tura efiromaslichnoy rozy [The essential rose culture]. Kishinev: Shtiintsa, 1983, 186 p.
2. Semenova E. F., Mezhennaya N. A., Fadeeva T. M. Praktikum po botanike [Practical work in botany]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2012, 162 p.
3. Samylina I. A., Anosova O. G. Farmakognoziya. Atlas [Pharmacognosy. Atlas]. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2007, vol. 1, 192 p.
4. Lotova L. I. Morfologiya i anatomiya vysshikh rasteniy [Morphology and anatomy of embryophyte]. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2000, 528 p.
5. Gosudarstvennaya Farmakopeya SSSR. XI izd. [State pharmacopeia of USSR. XI edition]. Moscow: Meditsina, 1989, iss. 1, 336 p.
6. Shmidt V. M. Matematicheskie metody v botanike [Mathematical methods in botany]. Leningrad: Izd-vo Leningr. un-ta, 1984, 288 p.
7. Lakin G. F. Biometriya [Biometrics]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 1990, 352 p.
8. Nazarenko L. G. Roza efiromaslichnaya (istoriya, biologicheskie osobennosti i selektsiya) [Essential rose (history, biological features and selection)]. Kiev: Naukova dumka, 1978, 200 p.
9. Bugorskiy P. S., Bugara A. M., Teplitskaya L. M. Maslozhirovaya promyshlennost' [Low-fat products industry]. 1985, no. 7, pp. 23–25.
10. Semenova E. F., Mezhennaya N. A. Universitetskoe obrazovanie [University education]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2013, iss. 17, pp. 430–431.
11. Semenova E. F. Sovremennye problemy otechestvennoy mediko-biologicheskoy i farmatsevticheskoy promyshlennosti. Razvitie innovatsionnogo i kadrovogo potentsiala Penzenskoy oblasti: materialy I Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Modern problems of Russian biomedical and pharmaceutical industry. Development of innovative and human resource potential of Penza region: proceedings of I International scientific and practical conference]. Penza: PGU, 2011, pp. 73–77.
12. Semenova E. F., Pravosudova A. P., Grabova S. S., Kosmatova E. A., Artamonova I. A. Meditsinskie tekhnologii v okhrane zdorov'ya zdorovykh, v diagnostike, lechenii i reabilitatsii bol'nykh: sb. st. VIII nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem [Medical technologies in health protection of the healthy, in diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation of the sick: collected articles of VIII scientific and practical conference with international participation]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2012, pp. 197–198.
13. Semenova E. F., Ponkratova O. V., Velichko V. P., Ivanov N. N., Kitaeva I. V. Materialy 78-y itogovoy stud. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem, posvyashch. 95-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya professora Yu. M. Lubenskogo [Proceedings of 78th concluding student scientific and practical conference with international participation commemorating 95th jubilee of professor Yu. M. Lubensky]. Krasnoyarsk: Tip. KrasGMU, Verso, 2014, pp. 566–568.